2/3/10

Our apartment building was tagged the other night.
Black paint dripped down the shade in the hallway, vulgar words stained the mailbox.
I started thinking about when 
I used to write poetry in library books. 
Constructive vandalism, I called it.
I wanted to share what I was thinking, to allow someone to feel what I was feeling. I would imagine it was a pleasant surprise for a dear stranger. That's all it was, a form of expression. Isn't that what this blog is? Isn't that what graffiti is? Does that make me the same as the individuals with a can in their hands? Same intent, different weapons. When I was younger, I would press leaves in hardcovers. When I came across them again it was such an ecstatic feeling, I had been there before. A part of  me wanted to create that for someone else. I wonder if anyone read them. I wonder what they were feeling when they read my words. I wonder if anyone reads this.

7 comments:

  1. always.
    these beautiful words give me insight, inspiration. a quick glance at the soul of another. unmasked, real. genuine thoughts, emotions and character with no attempts to impress. simply the indulgence of curiosities. i am so drawn in.
    a little afternoon tea is what helps my feet carry along during my day to day.
    and for that.. i am most grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i wonder.

    i wonder if the people who read your poems thought of it as a treasure? i hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow. that's beautiful. i know what you mean, about the constructive vandalism. that is rather the point of a blog, isnt it? my own is private - i do not like others knowing what i am feeling, sometimes. my most intimate feelings are shared in that blog. i will tell you what i felt when i read your post. i felt like you were a very honest person, curious as well. i feel that you are inquisitive abo ut perfect strangers, and i share that last trait. it was a pleasure reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled about your refreshing blog and enjoyed your thoughts. The picture of the tea bag shows such energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. an adorable blog ma'm.the posts substantiate the feel of the blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for checking out my blog and commenting.

    I've been thinking about books (I love books) and when I've bought a used book and it has notations, initals or even a forgotten bookmark, I like that. It's almost like I get a small glimpse of the previous owner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do have some Hungarian blood in you? Just curious...

    beautiful words

    ReplyDelete